Sunday, October 24, 2010

WEEKEND: Oct 24th 2010 - - Prepping Interior Hull for New Interior

The weather has been nice a cool in Orlando since last week.  So to tack advantage of he changing seasons, I decided to work on the interior, an area I have be dreading because I knew it would begin with a heck of a lot of grinding work.  I was right. As of today I am on day 4 and only 60% done!

I normally would skip this boring part but for your future project boat people it's important you see the good and the itchy side of things...

Tops:

1 - Besides the normal safety gear, some thick sweat pants and sweat shirts with a couple of tee-shirts underneath go a long way to keep you from itching for 12-hours.  I also recommend something to cover your head too...

2 - Ear plugs.  It's was nice not to hear hours of loud grinding noise day after day.  With ear plugs and a powerful fan blowing on you, you can actually think about things besides asking yourself ever 2 minutes. "when am I going to be finished with this grinding darn work"... (PS The answer is usually never!)

Here are some pictures from this weekend and special thanks for the help from my son Kyle Saturday and a local guy I met named Daryl.





Ok. Lets do so sweeping and clean up the 1" layered dusk covering everything And that is just an hours worth.






I'm so tired I can climb down the latter after a 9 hr day.  I need a COLD SHOWER BIG TIME!

We made a vow to never mentioned the word "itch" again after today...


OK HERE ARE SOME PICTURES AFTER 10 WEEKENDS OF GRINDING


I learned one thing, "your never done with grinding"...  Thats a fact of life in restoring boats.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking great Lyle! We're also a KP44, google yacht emerald or look for emerald on sailblogs.com You asked what would we change? probably the forward head to have a separate head and shower cubicle. We got rid of the aft head. Check out weta (on blogspot) as there are great tank ideas and layouts as well from Dean
good luck and keep posting!
Colin and Nichola
YachtEmerald
KP44 #231

Hilary said...

You are my IDOL!! I love it...found your videos on youtube (as I'm contemplating my own sanity as I'm going in two weekends to look at a "project boat" in N. Carolina (Earnest money already paid.) Amazing!! Can't wait to see the finished project. I don't think you're crazy...I think you're inspirational! btw, my email is diverchick71 att gmail dott com. I would love to find out how you found your storage spot... We are looking at marina's in Tampa...pricey! Looking at better options...but being close to water is nice too. Keep it up!!

Blog27999 said...

Ok...

This might sound pretty weird, maybe even kind of "out there"....

HOW would you like it if you could simply push "Play" to LISTEN to a short, "miracle tone"...

And suddenly attract MORE MONEY to your LIFE??

I'm talking about BIG MONEY, even MILLIONS of DOLLARS!!!

Do you think it's too EASY?? Think this couldn't possibly be for REAL??

Well, I've got news for you..

Many times the most magical miracles life has to offer are also the EASIEST!!!

Honestly, I will provide you with PROOF by letting you listen to a real-life "magical abundance tone" I developed...

(And COMPLETELY RISK FREE).

YOU simply hit "Play" and watch money coming right into your life.. it starts right away..

CLICK here to PLAY the mysterious "Miracle Wealth Building Tone" - as my gift to you!!!